Ordoro can automatically import your orders from your sales channels and marketplaces. However, you may need to create an order to only exist in Ordoro for phone orders, in-person sales, etc.
See below for how to create a manual order.
- Helpful tips
- Start creating the order
- Sections to create an order
- Finalize the order
- If you’d like to copy an existing order, you can use our Clone Order feature.
- If you need to create many orders manually, we suggest using Data Import to upload a CSV file.
Start creating the order
1. Go to the Orders tab.
2. Select Create Order. This will open a new page to create the order.
Sections to create an order
The Create Order page has different sections. We’ll explore each below.
1. Order Info
1. Order ID
- This is pre-populated as today’s date, but you can change this before the order is saved.
- Once the order is saved, this ID is not editable.
- All manual orders will be prepended with “M” at the beginning to indicate this is a manual order.
2. Order Date
- This will be today’s date by default but is editable.
3. Requested Shipping Method
- This is the shipping method the customer has chosen.
- Examples: Free Shipping, USPS Priority Mail.
- If you have rules + presets set up that reference the Requested Shipping Method, be sure to enter this to match the rule.
4. Customer Notes (will appear on packing lists)
- This is most often used as the Gift Message field.
5. Internal Notes
- These notes will only appear to staff logged into Ordoro. It will not appear on packing lists.
6. Apply Tags
- You can apply an Order tag here.
- The tag can be an existing one, or you can create one on the fly.
2. Shipping and Billing Addresses
- When entering the customer’s name, if they’ve purchased from you before, you can select their address without typing it in.
- You can also use our Paste Address feature to copy and paste addresses.
- If the Billing Address is the same as the Shipping Address, select the Same as shipping checkbox to copy it.
3. Order Contents
- When adding products to the order, you can either select items that exist in Ordoro or create a new item on the fly.
- When entering the product’s SKU or name, Ordoro will display existing products to choose from.
- The Product Name will be the one saved in Ordoro. You can edit the Product Name by clicking on the item.
- The financial information entered is used to auto-calculate the Grand Total.
- Click the orange Create Order button to save the order.
- It may take a few seconds to save depending on the tasks running behind the scenes, such as address validation, automation rules, inventory recalculations, etc.
- If you need to collect a payment, you can use our Stripe payment processing feature.