You can find the POs your searching for easier by filtering your POs in Ordoro.
How do I apply purchase order filters?
- Some filtering options will change based on the purchase order status you’re viewing.
- A round radio button means only a single option is selectable.
- A square checkbox means multiple options are selectable.
- Click the POs tab in the green bar.
- Click the Filters button.
- A modal will open with the available filters (see the list below.)
- Select the desired filters.
- Click Apply.
- Note: Click on Clear Filters to deselect any previously selected filters.
- The selected filters will display in the Purchase Orders Omnibar.
- To remove a filter, click the X in the box.
- The selected filters will also be listed in the URL, so you can bookmark them.
What purchase order filters are available?
You can filter by:
- Filtering by Status returns purchase orders in the corresponding status.
- Only one Status can be selected.
- Select All if you are unsure of the purchase order(s) status you wish to return.
- Filter purchase orders by tags.
- The tags will be listed alphabetically.
- Multiple can be selected.
- If you have 6+ tags, you can find them in the search box in the top right or expand the list.
- You can exclude multiple tags by selecting the icon with a crossed-out eye.
- See the screenshot below to see where the exclude icon is.
- Refer to this help article for a breakdown of the filtering Logic for Tags.