For more tips on debugging WooCommerce connection issues, see this helpful support article from WooCommerce.
- What version of WooCommerce are you using? Ordoro only works with WooCommerce 2.2.0 and above.
- Is the REST API enabled? In your WordPress Admin, go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> General. And make sure the Enable the REST API option is checked.
- Are pretty permalinks enabled? Without permalinks enabled the REST API will not work. SeePretty Permalink setup instructions.
- Even if you’re using WooCommerce 2.1.7+, try upgrading to the latest version of WooCommerce. There may be a bug in your version of WooCommerce that has been fixed in the latest version.
- If you’ve been able to connect in the past and can no longer connect, have you installed any new plugins?
[woocommerce_api_authentication_error] Consumer Key is invalid
- Your API key may be invalid. Create new API keys and ensure there are no spaces in the API keys. See for this article instructions on generating API keys.
[woocommerce_api_authentication_error] Consumer Key is missing
- Do you have iThemes Security installed? Ensure that “filter suspicious query string URLs” is disabled under Security > Settings > System Tweaks.