Using our barcode scanning workflow, you can:
- Find an order using the barcode on the packing list.
- Scan each item to QA each package.
- Keep track of which user packed the box.
- Quickly identify which orders were verified via barcode scanning.
Note: This feature is available for Express, Pro, and Enterprise plans.
Here are additional setup articles for barcoding in Ordoro.
- How to create barcodes in Ordoro
- How to enable barcode notification sounds
- Which barcode scanner does Ordoro recommend?
Ordoro also offers barcode scanning in other areas of the app. See below.
- Set up products for barcode scanning
- How to verify items for packing
- What happens if the wrong item is scanned
- How to verify products without barcodes
Set up products for barcode scanning
- All items either need UPC codes or SKUs saved in Ordoro.
- See here on how to update products with UPCs.
- Each item’s warehouse location is displayed in the modal in case you pick and pack at the same time.
How to verify items for packing
1. From the Orders tab, select to enter packing mode for a single or orders in batch.
2. If you go to batch packing mode, a modal appears so you can scan your first Packing List.
3. Once you scan the Packing List, the items needed for the order appear.
4. Begin scanning items as you place them in the box. When you scan a correct item, it will be added to the Qty Verified column.
5. If the total quantity for an item has been verified, it is removed from the list.
6. Once all items are successfully verified, a confirmation screen will appear. Click Mark as “Contents Verified.”
7. You’ll be redirected to the Orders page if you were scanning directly from an order or back to the batch scanning page.
8. The Contents Verified tag is also added to the order.
- The tag is a visual indicator that the order has been picked, packed, and verified.
- You can filter orders by the tag and create labels in batches.
What happens if the wrong item is scanned
1. If an item is scanned more times than it’s on the order, an error message appears.
- Set the product aside and click Continue to go back to scanning other items.
2. If an item is not associated with the order, you will see this error message.
How to verify products without barcodes
1. If your items don’t have barcodes, then you can manually verify them.
2. Hover your cursor to the right of the Qty Verified column. Click on the checkmark that appears.
- This force verifies the entire quantity.
- For example, in the screenshot below, the entire quantity of 3 would be verified.