Note: If you want to sync only certain parts of your shopping carts on a one off basis, without changing your auto-sync, please see this article.
Ordoro can automatically import your latest orders, and automatically synchronize inventory levels, once an hour, across all your sales channels. The auto-sync feature is very easy to set up. Here is how it works.
1. Click on the blue Sync button on the top right of your screen.
2. The following window will pop-up. By default, all the order import checkboxes are turned on. Keep these selected if you want to import orders from the selected sales channels. Orders will import once per hour.
If you do not want to have your inventory written back to the shopping carts, keep “Write Inventory Back” unchecked (Example 2).
Note: We do not currently have a sandbox feature so when initally setting up Ordoro disabling “Write Inventory Back” feature is very useful for testing and becoming accustomed to work flow without changing inventory on your sales channel.
4. Select “Import Products” to have Ordoro import products from your sales channel. Products will be synced every 6 hours. Please note that some sales channels are unable to autosync import products hourly but can still run a one-time sync.
5. To import product images from a sales channel, select the box next to “Import Product Images.” If the autosync is selected, this task will occur once per day. Currently, this feature is only supported with Shopify and Big Commerce carts.
7. If you select the Sync button, you’ll see the auto-sync icon next to the tasks you have set up to auto-sync. If you want to turn off auto-sync for any reason, simply uncheck the checkboxes for the tasks and click ‘Update AutoSync Settings”. This will remove the auto-sync icon and stop any future auto-sync tasks for that sales channel.