If you have an Ordoro Pro or Enterprise account, understanding the Products Needs Sync filter is vital to managing inventory.
Since Ordoro is a multichannel inventory management tool, it regularly updates your sales channels’ stock levels (Shopify, Amazon, BigCommerce, eBay, etc.) We use the Needs Sync filter to determine which items to update.
Note: To learn more about other Product filters besides Needs Sync, see this support article.
- How Needs Sync works
- What happens if we can’t sync changes
- How can I view products with inventory sync suspended?
How Needs Sync works
- A product’s quantity is changed.
- Ex: The item is on an open order, a purchase order has been received, a user manually updated the amount, etc.
- The product moves to the Needs Sync filter.
- When Ordoro writes back inventory quantities to your carts, it pulls items from the Needs Sync filter.
- It can be time- and resource-intensive to update every product each time.
- Therefore, Ordoro uses an algorithm to only update items changed since we last synced.
- Once the inventory successfully saved to the cart, the product moves out of Need Sync.
What happens if we can’t sync changes
- If a product fails to sync inventory to the sales channel three times, it will move out of Needs Sync.
- This can happen due to cart connection issues, the product no longer exists in the cart, etc.
- See the screenshot below. The writeback errors are recorded on the Product Detail page.
- You’ll see an error message similar to, “Updated 0 of 3 products. 3 suspended due to consecutive failures.”
- The product can return to Needs Sync if its inventory is updated. This way, if it was a temporary issue, Ordoro will try again.
How can I view products with inventory sync suspended?
1. Go to Products and select Status.
2. In the dropdown, select Inventory Sync Suspended.
3. All products that have failed to sync will show up using this filter.