You may discontinue carrying a particular product or brand of products. When this happens, you can remove them from your active inventory easily. Instead of deleting them and losing historical data, Ordoro supports archiving items, so they’ll be available if you’d like to bring them back.
- What happens to Archived products and their orders?
- How to view Archived products
- Archive/unarchive via the Product Detail page
- Archive/unarchive multiple products via the Product List page
- Update Products in bulk via CSV Data Import
What happens to Archived products and their orders?
- The item is removed from the Active Inventory in Ordoro.
- You can update product info via the Data Import feature.
- We will no longer sync inventory quantities to connected carts.
- Inventory quantities are reduced when orders with archived products are shipped.
- Orders with archived SKUs will still import get processed.
- SKU-specific automation rules are applied when orders import.
- If the product is still listed as auto-dropshipped while archived, orders created in Ordoro will still auto-dropship to the associated supplier.
- Manual orders may be created via the CSV Data Import (not via the Orders tab).
How to view Archived products
- Go to the Product List page.
- Select Filter -> Status. Notice that the Active option is at the top of the list.
- Hover your cursor on Active and notice the Reverse option.
- Click the two-arrow Reverse option to see Not Active. This will display Archived items.
Archive/unarchive via the Product Detail page
1. Go to the Products tab.
2. Select the product SKU you’d like to archive.
3. On the Product Details page, click Archive at the top of the page.
4. A warning will show up. Click the orange Archive button if you want to continue.
5. The item has been removed from the Active inventory.
6. To unarchive a product, follow the same process as above. Instead of selecting Archive, you’ll select Unarchive.
Archive/unarchive multiple products via the Product List page
1. Go to the Products tab.
2. Select the products you’d like to archive.
3. Click Product Actions -> Archive. Click the image below to expand.
4. A warning will appear. Click the Archive button to confirm.
5. The items have been removed from the Active inventory.
6. To unarchive the products, view the Archived list of products (see how here). Then select Actions -> Unarchive. Click the image below to expand.
Update Products in bulk via CSV Data Import
You can archive or unarchive multiple products using our Data Import feature.
1. Go to Account Settings by clicking on your Company Name -> Data Import.
2. Go to Type of data you want to import -> Archive Products.
3. Download the example file.
- There is only one column for SKU. Enter the SKU numbers to archive and save the file.
4. Upload the CSV to Ordoro.