Once you have a default supplier assigned to your products and have marked the SKUs to be Automatic Dropship, all incoming orders will automatically get split into supplier specific orders and immediately routed to the assigned default supplier via email.
Here is how it works step-by-step:
- Assign skus to be automatically dropshipped by a supplier. See this link on how to.
- Once an Order Import completes…
- Orders containing a mix of a dropshipped products and/or non-dropshipped products will be split into separate orders upon order import.
- The split orders with automatically dropshipped products will INSTANTLY be emailed to the assigned supplier(s). These orders can be viewed in the Dropshipment Requested filter.
- You can set the dropship unit cost to always be included in the dropship requests. See this article to learn more about this.
- The split order with handled in-house products will stay in your Awaiting Fulfillment filter until you ship it yourself.
- Once your supplier confirms the order has shipped with a tracking number, you can update it in Ordoro, so your cart and customer will be notified that the order is on its way.
- Order M-dropship-order is placed for three items. Two are marked as automatically dropshipped, and one is handled in-house.
- Dark Crystal DVD – dropshipped by Supplier #103
- Krull DVD – dropshipped by Supplier #102
- Dune DVD – handled in-house, i.e., shipped by you
- Ordoro automatically split the order into three new orders.
- Order M-dropship-order-1: emailed to Supplier #103 for the Dark Crystal DVD. Order is in Dropshipment Requested filter.
- Order M-dropship-order-2: emailed to Supplier #102 for the Krull DVD. Order is in Dropshipment Requested filter.
- Order M-dropship-order-3: remains in the Awaiting Fulfillment filter so you can create a label yourself
Orders -1 and -2 in the Dropshipment Requested filter
Order -3 in the Awaiting Fulfillment filter