This feature will automatically assign orders to a warehouse when orders are dropshipped to a Supplier. This feature can help with deducting the available on hand inventory from the mapped warehouse when orders are dropshipped. This will work for manual dropshipping, process dropshipping, and automatic dropshipping.
How to map a supplier to a warehouse:
1. Go to Account Settings under your company’s name in the top right corner.
2. Go to Suppliers.
3. Click Edit by the supplier you would like to map to a warehouse.
4. Under Linked Warehouse, select the warehouse you would like to map to your supplier. Then click Save.
That’s it. In the example above, Supplier A is mapped to Warehouse A. When an order is dropshipped to Supplier A, the warehouse on the order will automatically be assigned to Warehouse A. The Available on Hand (AOH) inventory for the products on the dropship order will reduce from Warehouse A.
Note: This mapping is not retroactive and will not update previously dropshipped orders.
How this feature can be helpful: Dummy Warehouse Scenario
When an order is dropshipped, inventory is temporarily committed until the order is shipped. (See this support article for more details on how inventory for dropshipped orders is calculated).
If you do not want Available On Hand (AOH) inventory to reduce when writing inventory back to your sales channels, you can do the following:
1. Create a dummy or fake warehouse in Ordoro. (To learn more about how to set up warehouses in Ordoro, please see this support article.)
2. Set the dummy/fake warehouse to prevent inventory updating in the Sales Channel settings. Please see this support article for more details about setting inventory writeback for your warehouses.
3. Map your dummy/fake warehouse to a supplier (or to multiple suppliers) in the Supplier settings.
4. Assign your dropshipped orders to the supplier (or suppliers) that is mapped to the dummy/fake warehouse.