Ordoro can write your inventory quantities back by Warehouse and Sales Channel. There’s the option to select which warehouse quantities you sync back to certain carts.
- Go to Settings -> Sales Channels -> click on Edit.
- Choose the warehouses you want to map to that specific sales channel.
- Once this has been set, Ordoro will:
- Sum all inventory quantities across the mapped warehouses.
- Write that quantity to that cart in the next hourly inventory sync.
Let’s say you have the following Available quantities for SKU = ABC across your five warehouses:
|Warehouse Name||Warehouse Specific Available QTY|
|FBA US Warehouse||100|
|Synced back to cart||700|
Since you chose to connect the ‘New Warehouse + Warehouse US-1′ to cart Shopify only, the total Available quantity that will be synced back to that cart and specific SKU = ABC is 700 even though you have 1500 available units to sell.
MOST USED CASE SCENARIOS
- If you have an online store and a physical store (brick-and-mortar), you may want to “reserve” a certain portion of inventory for your physical store and display the rest on your e-commerce store. You can create two separate warehouses in Ordoro, one for each channel, and then map each warehouse to the corresponding channel.Here are some scenarios where this feature will be useful –
- You have only one online store, but you don’t want to display all your inventory in that store.
- You want to keep a reserve inventory quantity for your best sellers and/or to avoid overselling. In that example, you can create a separate warehouse for the reserved quantity and uncheck the mapping between that warehouse and your sales channel.
Another feature that may be helpful is our Max Export Quantity. This allows you to write back a portion of your total inventory quantity per sku. See this help article for more details.