By default, Ordoro will export your entire inventory quantity to your sales channel. However, if you’d like to write back a portion of that number, you can set a Max Export, Percentage, or Reserve Qty per sales channel and product.
Max Export Quantity
- This will export the desired quantity to your sales channel as long as you have more than the Max Export Quantity in stock.
- Once your Available On Hand inventory is less than the Max Export Quantity, Ordoro will write back the lesser quantity to your sales channel.
- For example, Product A has a quantity of 100 in Ordoro. However, I want to show a quantity of 10 on my sales channel. I’d set my Max Export Quantity to 10. When I sell that product, I will continue to see 10 in my sales channel until I only have 9 or fewer left. At that time, Ordoro will update my sales channel to reflect the lower quantity.
- This will export the set percentage of available inventory you would like to sync back to the sales channel.
- For example, Product B has a quantity of 100 in Ordoro. However, I want to write back half of this quantity on my sales channel. I’d set my Percentage to 50. When I sell that product, I will continue to see 50% of my available inventory in my sales channel.
- This will remove a set quantity of available inventory from writing back to your sales channel.
- For example, Product C has a quantity of 100 in Ordoro. However, I want to reserve a quantity of 5 from write backing back to on my sales channel. I’d set my Reserve to 5. During inventory writeback, a quantity of 5 will be subtracted from my available inventory.
Calculated Writeback Quantity
- When each of these values are configured, Ordoro will use the following formula to calculate the Writeback Quantity per sales channel:
- Writeback Quantity = (Available on Hand – Reserve Quantity) * Percentage
- If the Writeback Quantity is greater than Max Export Quantity, then Writeback Quantity will be the set Max Export Quantity.
- Note: For Square and Shopify, these values will be applied to each location.
Setting a Max Export, Percentage, or Reserve per SKU
1. Go to Products. Find the product you’d like to update.
2. On the Product Details page, select the Sales Channels tab. Find the Writeback Qty column.
3. To edit Max Export, Percentage, or Reserve for one Sales Channel, click on the number under the Writeback Qty column.
4. In the popup modal, enter the Max Export, Percentage, or Reserve and click Save.
5. When the Max Export, Percentage, or Reserve has been updated and saved, the SKU will sync on the following hourly sync and will update your sales channels with the new Calculated Writeback Quantity.
- If you don’t want to wait till the next hourly sync, you can start a manual sync by clicking on the blue Sync button in the top right-hand corner. Select Inventory Writeback only for the sales channel/s, and then select the blue Sync Once button.