Serial numbers are used to manage warranties, service requests, returns, etc. In Ordoro, you can track products’ serial numbers when shipping orders.
- How to add serial numbers to orders
- How serial numbers appear on the Packing List
- How to find orders by serial number
- How to view serial numbers in bulk
How to add serial numbers to orders
1. Select the Orders tab and then click the Order ID to go to the Order Details page.
2. Scroll to the Order Contents and find the product line item that needs a serial number.
3. Select Add serial number(s). This opens a pop-up for Edit Order Line Values.
4. Enter/scan the serial number for the product in the Serial Numbers field.
- Note: To enter multiple serial numbers, include a line break / click Return after each one.
- Once the serial number is saved, Ordoro will comma-separate them automatically.
4. Click Save, Ordoro will store the serial number on the order.
How serial numbers appear on the Packing List
When printing your Packing List, you can include serial numbers. Select the Show Serial Numbers option when generating the document.
Click here for more details on how to print a Packing List.
How a Packing List with serial numbers looks.
How to find orders by serial number
1. Go to the Orders tab. Enter the serial number in the search bar and click enter.
2. Any orders with that serial number will appear.
3. Click the order number to view the Order Detail page. This will display which item corresponds to the serial number.
How to view serial numbers in bulk
1. To view multiple orders with serial numbers, export an Order Detail report. See this support article on how to export this CSV file.
2. Serial numbers are entered in column BL. See the screenshot below.