When creating a shipping label in Ordoro, you may have to pay for it immediately or be invoiced later. Each shipping carrier has different methods of charging you for labels. See below for details about each carrier.
- You’ll need to run an End of Day transmission for contract customers.
- The End of Day will bill the default payment method on file with Canada Post.
- If you need to delete/void a label, do so before creating the End of Day transmission.
- If the manifest is already created, cancel the label directly via Canada Post online.
- DHL labels are charged once they enter the mail stream.
- Once the DHL representative scans the package, the cost will be billed to your account.
- FedEx labels are charged once they enter the mail stream.
- Once the FedEx representative scans the package, the cost will be billed to your account.
- Note: If you’re creating test labels in Ordoro, we recommend using your FedEx account so you won’t incur any charges.
- For US accounts, the Sendle credit card on file is billed weekly on Sundays, Pacific Standard Time (PST) for all orders and billing adjustments (e.g., under-declared adjustments) in the previous week.
- For Australian accounts, the Sendle credit card on file is billed weekly on Monday, Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) for all orders and billing adjustments (e.g., under-declared adjustments) in the previous week.
- NOTE: Accounts may be charged more frequently than weekly during their first few weeks as a fraud prevention measure.
- To create USPS labels, you must first have a pre-paid balance.
- See here on how to purchase postage in advance.
- The cost is deducted from your pre-paid balance as you create the labels. Therefore, you are charged when the label is generated.
- If you choose not to use the label, be sure to delete the label so you’ll receive a refund.
- See this help article for more details about USPS label refunds.
UPS Bring Your Own Account (BYOA)
- UPS charges you once you create the label.
- UPS is similar to how USPS works, except UPS does not require you to buy shipping credit in advance.
- If you are not using a UPS label, you should also delete the label in Ordoro.
UPS Discounted Rates Account
- UPS will bill these accounts on a weekly basis. An invoice will be emailed to the account on file.
- All charges are handled and paid to UPS directly.
- X Delivery will invoice on Monday for the following week’s shipments.