When Ordoro syncs inventory to Etsy, a few hiccups can occur related to your product setup. If you notice issues syncing with Etsy, please follow the instructions below to find out how to resolve them.
- How to view inventory writeback errors per product
- Etsy 400 Error: quantity must be consistent across linked products
- Etsy 400 Error: quantity: cannot be greater than 999
- Etsy 400 Error: One offering must have quantity greater than 0
How to view inventory writeback errors per product
1. First, you’ll need to check which error you’re receiving from Etsy. Go to the Products tab -> click on the product with which you are having issues.
2. Click on the Sales Channels tab on the Product List page.
Under the Status option, you’ll see your errors. See below for some common errors and how to fix them:
Etsy 400 Error: quantity must be consistent across linked products
This error happens when your product in Etsy is not set up to track inventory per variations. Here’s how to address this.
1. Log into Etsy and go to the Shop Manager.
2. Navigate to the listing with the problem variations.
3. Find the Variations section and click Edit Variations.
4. In the pop-up, select the checkbox next to Quantities vary for each and click Update. Once you’re back on the main page for the listing, be sure to select the Publish button to save all changes.
Etsy 400 Error: quantity: cannot be greater than 999
Etsy is unable to store quantities greater than 999 per product. Therefore, by default, Ordoro will set a Max Export quantity of 999.
The Max Export Quantity restricts the quantity we send back to the cart. For example, if you have a quantity of 2000, Etsy will reject this number. However, if you use Max Export Quantity to 900 (or some value less than 999), then Ordoro will send 900 until the Available On Hand quantity is less than 900. Then, we’ll send the lesser amount.
For more information about Max Export Quantity, see this help article.
Etsy 400 Error: One offering must have quantity greater than 0
This error will occur in a very unique scenario. See the specifications below.
- The Etsy listing is inactive.
- In Ordoro, the quantity for the listing (and all variations, if applicable) is zero or a negative number.
Since the Etsy listing is inactive, it expects that we’ll send a positive quantity to reactivate the listing. If all quantities are zero or negative, then Etsy doesn’t reactivate the listing and responds with a failure message.
You may want to archive this product in Ordoro if:
- This SKU is only tied to Etsy.
- You don’t have plans to reactivate the listing (or its variants) or reuse this SKU.
If the SKU is tied to other sales channels and is active, you will want to disable the inventory writeback on the SKU/Product level for the Etsy sales channel. See here for instructions on how to disable inventory writeback on the product level.
Otherwise, this product will remain stuck in the Needs Sync filter. Ordoro will retry sending inventory back repeatedly, which can slow down your inventory sync over time.