Ordoro enables you to manage your inventory across multiple sales channels with ease. With Ordoro, you can update your sales channels with the latest quantity information saved in our system, keeping your inventory levels in sync across all channels.
However, there may be situations where you need to disable inventory writeback for certain products or sets of items. For example, you may have a supplier who directly feeds their inventory data into your website, and you don’t want to overwrite their inventory numbers with your own.
In Ordoro, disabling inventory writeback is a straightforward process that can be accomplished in just a few steps. See directions below.
How to update individual products
1. Go to the Products tab -> find item -> click on the Product Name. This takes you to the Product Detail page.
2. Click on the Sales Channels tab. Find the cart to disable inventory writeback for this product.
3. Under the Writeback heading, click Enabled. This will open a pop-up modal.
4. In the modal, deselect the checkbox for Enable Inventory Writeback. Then, click Save.
5. Once saved, the Writeback status will display Disabled. Ordoro will no longer sync inventory to this sales channel.
- To re-enable writeback later, select the Enable Inventory Writeback checkbox in the previous step.
How to update multiple products
1. Go to Account Settings -> Data Export.
2. In the dropdown for Type of data you want to import, select Update Product/Sales Channel Bridge.
3. Click Download an example file. This will download a CSV file to your computer.
4. In the file, you’ll update three columns.
- SKU *Req: this is the product SKU number.
- Sales Channel Name *Req: this is the sale channel name saved in Ordoro. The name must match exactly.
- Writeback Inventory: To disable inventory writeback, set to FALSE here. To Reenable inventory writeback set to TRUE.
Leave the remaining columns blank or delete them from the document. Be sure to save!
Click the image below to expand the screenshot.
5. Once the file is ready, select it and upload to Ordoro.
- This help article shows how to complete the Data Import process.
6. Once saved successfully, the items will not write inventory back to the sales channel.