Did you oversell items on Amazon or find FBA items also listed as FBM items (fulfilled by merchant) on your Amazon marketplace? Then you may be having an issue with something known as ghost listings.
What is a ghost listing?
- Ghost listings occur when a seller lists an item only once as an FBA listing, but a duplicate FBM listing is mistakenly created in your Amazon marketplace.
- It is called a ghost listing since it is not visible in the Amazon Seller Central account and must be viewed by looking at the listing directly on Amazon.com.
How are ghost listings created?
- When Ordoro imports an Amazon product for the first time, Amazon passes Ordoro the fulfillment channel information that distinguishes whether the product is FBA (fulfilled by Amazon) or FBM (fulfilled by merchant). Ordoro saves the fulfillment channel information in our database.
- Ghost listings are created if the product was first imported as an FBM listing into Ordoro. The listing is then changed to FBA in the Amazon Seller Central account and is NOT updated in the Ordoro account.
- If a sku changes from FBM to FBA in Amazon and the product is saved as FBM in Ordoro –> Ordoro will attempt to update inventory to the product. A ghost listing may be created causing you to oversell.
- If a sku changes from FBA to FBM in Amazon and the product is saved as FBA in Ordoro –> Ordoro will skip writing back inventory to that sku on Amazon and a ghost listing is not created.
How to prevent ghost listings
If you choose to change listings from FBA to FBM or vice versa, the changes should be made in Ordoro first.
Please follow these steps:
- In Ordoro, disable Amazon inventory auto-sync before any changes are made
- Click on this link for instructions on how to edit the fulfillment channel (FBA vs. FBM) in Ordoro
- After you have made the changes in Ordoro, you will then need to make the updates in the Amazon Seller Central account
- Once you have made the changes in Ordoro and in Amazon, you can re-enable the inventory sync in Ordoro to Amazon
How to address and close ghost listings
- If you have found a ghost listing or suspect you have ghost listings, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We can audit your Amazon products to find out which products may be affected.
- We will send you instructions on how to remove the ghost listings from your Amazon Seller Central account. There is not a way Ordoro can delete/remove ghost listings from the Amazon Seller Central account.