Did you oversell items on Amazon or find FBA items also listed as FBM items (fulfilled by merchant) on your Amazon marketplace? Then you may be having an issue with something known as ghost listings.
What is a ghost listing?
- Ghost listings occur when a seller lists an item only once, but a duplicate listing is mistakenly created in your Amazon marketplace.
- It is called a ghost listing since it is not visible in your Amazon Seller Central account and must be viewed by looking at the listing directly on Amazon.com.
How are ghost listings created?
- When Ordoro imports an Amazon product for the first time, we save information that distinguishes whether it is FBA (fulfilled by Amazon) or FBM (fulfilled by merchant).
- Ghost listings are created if the product was first imported as an FBM listing and then changed to FBA
- If a sku changes from FBM to FBA –> ghost listings may be created causing you to oversell
- If a sku changes from FBA to FBM –> Ordoro will skip writing back inventory to that sku on Amazon and a ghost listing is not created
How to prevent ghost listings
If you choose to change listings from FBA to FBM or vice versa:
- In Ordoro, disable Amazon inventory auto-sync before changing the items in Amazon.
- Click on this link for instructions on how to edit the fulfillment channel (FBA vs. FBM) in Ordoro
- Once you have made the changes in Ordoro and Amazon, you can re-enabled the inventory sync to Amazon
How to address and close ghost listings
- If you have found a ghost listing or suspect you have ghost listings, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We audit your Amazon products to find out which products may be affected.
- Once we determine the quantity, we will send you instructions on how to remove them.