This article is for Magento 1 setup. For Magento 2.0 setup instructions, please go here.
Before you proceed, make sure that Ordoro will work with your Magento version.
Ordoro works with Magento 1.7, Magento 1.8, Magento 1.9, and Magento Enterprise. Also, if you have a Zoey account, please make sure you’re selecting our Magento 1 connection.
Now, follow these four steps to connect your Magento store to your Ordoro account.
Step 1: Create a Web Service role in your Magento account
- From the Admin Panel of your Magento store, select System > Web Services > Roles.
- Click Add New Role (make sure to select the SOAP/XML role).
- In the Role Name field, type in a role name as “ordoro”
- From the Role Resources tab on the left side panel, specify the data that this role has access to. Enable full access to customer, catalog, and sales information by changing the Resource Access option to All.
- Click Save Role
Step 2: Create a Web service user in your Magento account
- From the Admin Panel of your Magento store, select Web Services > Users.
- Click Add New User.
- In the User Name, First Name, Last Name, and Email fields, type in the following information.
- User Name : ordoro
- First Name : ordoro
- Last Name : ordoro
- Email : email@example.com
- In the API Key field, type in a verification key, or password. This is the access credentials that Ordoro will use to access your Magento Go store. The API can be any string with alphabets and numbers. Please don’t use chars like #, $, % in the api key. Magento doesn’t like that because those are XML special characters. You will type in this API key into your Ordoro account very soon.
- In the API Key Confirmation, re-type this API Key.
Step 3: Assign the role “ordoro” to the user “ordoro”
- From the User Role tab in the left side panel (in your Magento store), assign the role “ordoro” to the user “ordoro” by selecting it from the table.
- Click Save User
Step 4: Type in the credentials in your Ordoro account
- Go to settings->sales-channels in Ordoro. And click on “Add a Sales Channel”. Or Edit an existing sales channel
- Name : Type in “Magento” here. You can always go back and edit this
- Store URL : Type in the address of your Magento website here.
Note: It should look something like the following unless your host has it specially configured. Example : http://188.8.131.52/index.php/api/v2_soap/index/
- Cart Username : This is the username that you created in “Step two” above. This should be “ordoro”
- API Key : This is the API Key that you created in “Step two” above
- Click “Save”
That’s it. You are done. Now you can go to the Orders tab in Ordoro and start importing your orders.
NOTE: If you’re using ZOEY.com, please see instructions here. Your store url in Ordoro should look like this — https://storename.zoeysite.com/index.php/api/v2_soap/.