How to create a purchase order
**NOTE** Before Creating a Purchase Order, please make sure Suppliers are assigned to your products. See our Support Article, HOW TO ASSIGN SUPPLIERS FOR RESTOCKING for details.
1. Go to the Products page and find the product(s) you’d like to add.
2. Click the checkbox next to the product and select “Order More”.
3. In the pop-up, you can choose which supplier you’d like to reorder from as well as the quantity to reorder. (NOTE the purchase price saved in the PO Unit Cost field will display in the Purchase Order as the Unit Cost)
- If you need to create a supplier, go to Settings -> Suppliers -> Add New.
- The only required information will be the supplier’s name and email address.
How to add additional items to existing purchase order
There are two ways you can do this.
1. Continue to search for items on in the Products section.
2. Click the checkboxes next to them and select “Order More”.
3. If a purchase order hasn’t been sent to the supplier yet, it will add the items to the existing PO.
1. Go to the POs section in the green bar at the top of the page.
2. Select the PO ID to take you to the PO detail page.
3. Enter the name or sku number of a product to add it to the PO. Ordoro will autofill the rest of it so you can add products very easily.
How to send the PO to the supplier
There are two ways to do this.
1. Once you’ve added all of the products you need, go to the POs section in the green bar.
2. Select the POs you’d like to send to the supplier and click “Send to Supplier”.
3. This will email the purchase orders to your supplier and change the status of the PO from Unsent to Sent.
1. Click the PO ID of the purchase order you’d like to send. This will take you to the PO Detail page.
2. On this page you can enter additional information before sending the PO. For example, you can enter the requested shipping method for the supplier to use or any other additional instructions.
3. To preview the email that you’ll send to your supplier, select the “Preview/Print PO” link.
How to receive items from a PO and increase your inventory quantities
After you’ve sent the PO to your supplier and received the products, you can create a goods receipt. The goods receipt will help close out the PO as well as update your inventory quantities.
1. To create a goods receipt, go back to the PO detail page and select “Create Goods Receipt”.
2. To mark a product as received, enter the quantity received in the goods receipt.
- If all product quantities ordered are entered in the goods receipt, then the PO status will change to “Received”.
- If some of the product quantities ordered are entered in the goods receipt, then the PO status will be “Partially Received”.
3. You can also add additional goods receipts if items are received at a later date.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks!