Have customers contacted you to make changes after placing an order? With this feature, you can accept or reject order line revisions in Ordoro after the order has been imported.
Ordoro will automatically detect when an order changes in the sales channel and ask you to review these changes before applying them in our system.
- Order revisions are supported in the following sales channels: (You will see revisions from the sales channels if the Notifications for External Order Revisions section in Ordoro is set to accept revisions)
- Magento 1
- Custom Cart Integration
- Other sales channels (like Shopify) will be added in the future. Contact Support to check on the status of your desired cart.
- Order revisions are not supported in the following sales channels. (You will not see order revisions for these sales channels)
- Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Magento 2, Squarespace, Reverb, Walmart, Wayfair, Shopsite, Stripe, and Square.
- Note: You may see this feature enabled on a sales channel that does not support order revisions (like Amazon or eBay). No revisions will import for those orders.
- What revisions can be made?
- Which order status does this feature work with?
- How do revisions work with merging and splitting orders?
- How to set which revisions import per sales channel
- How to accept revisions
- How to reject revisions
- How to see all orders with revisions
- How to set revision permissions per user?
- How often do these revisions happen?
- How do internal order edits work with this feature
- WooCommerce tips
- BigCommerce tips
What revisions can be made?
Here are the changes that can be made to your order:
- Updating the quantity of a product on the order
- Adding a product to the order
- Removing a product from the order
Note: Ordoro will not re-sync tags, addresses, or discounts applied to the entire order.
The changes will show up as Revision Types in Ordoro. See the list below.
- Line added
- Line Removed
- Line Changed
- Price Changed
Which order status does this feature work with?
This feature only works on Awaiting Fulfillment orders in Ordoro. Once an order is moved to Dropshipment Requested, Shipped, or Canceled statuses, the revisions will no longer appear.
- However, if the order moves to the Awaiting Fulfillment status, the revisions will reappear.
How do revisions work with merging and splitting orders?
When you want to merge an order with another order that has revisions, you will see this option in the Merge Order modal.
Once you apply or reject the revisions, you can then merge the orders.
If the order has been split, the order line changes will not be applied.
How to set which revisions import per sales channel
You can select which revisions you want to import for each sales channel.
To update this for each sales channel, follow these steps:
1. Select your company name and in the dropdown, go to Account Settings.
2. Select Sales Channels and then select Edit by the sales channel.
3. Select the checkbox to add revisions you want to import from that sales channel.
4. Click Save.
Note: To stop order revisions from importing from a sales channel, you should first accept or reject all order revisions from the given sales channel and then deselect all of the options above in the Sales Channel settings. Be sure to click Save to make these changes.
How to accept revisions
From the Orders List page
1. On the right side of the Orders Omnibar, select the yellow triangle.
2. Orders with revisions will be shown. Click the link on top of the order: This order has been modified outside of Ordoro.
3. A pop-up window will show the available revisions to the order. You’ll see the SKU, Revision Type, Current Quantity, Current Price, New Quantity, and New Price.
Note: Please confirm all revisions at this time. If you deselect or skip any, they will disappear permanently once the pop-up closes.
4. When ready to update the order, select Confirm Revisions.
5. The order will be updated and the Order Timeline will record any revisions made. For example, this is what the Timeline will show.
See this video to watch the workflow in action.
From the Order Detail Page
1. Click the Order ID to go to the Order Details page.
2. The yellow bar will say: This order has been modified outside of Ordoro.
3. To see the available revisions, select Manage Revisions. Follow the same prompts as above.
How to reject revisions
1. Find the yellow bar above a specific order. Click the link: This order has been modified outside of Ordoro
2. A pop-up window will show the available revisions to the order.
3. Deselect the checkbox next to the SKU. You will see Rejected by the product.
4. Select Confirm Revisions to make this update to the order.
5. You will see an Order Timeline comment when there is a rejection.
How to see all orders with revisions
From the Orders List page
1. On the right side of the Order Omnibar, you will see a yellow triangle. Click on the yellow triangle.
2. Notice that the Order Omnibar now includes the filter: Has External Revisions.
From the Orders’ Filters
1. Go to Orders -> Filters.
4. Under MISC, select Orders w/ External Revisions -> Apply.
How to set revision permissions per user?
1. Select your company name and then Account Settings.
2. Then select Users from the settings sidebar and click Edit next to the user you are updating.
3. Then uncheck the check-box next to Accept and deny order revisions and click Save.
How often do these revisions happen?
- Order line revisions import when Ordoro imports orders from the sales channel.
- This happens based on your autosync / instasync settings. Most default to once an hour.
What if I want to import an order line revision faster than my hourly sync?
You can manually sync your sales channel if you need an order line revision to import quickly into Ordoro. See this help article for details.
How do internal edits work with this feature?
If you edit an order within Ordoro and there are order revisions in the sales channel, Ordoro will not import the newest revisions made to the order.
Adding or removing a product
- You import an order into Ordoro.
- In Ordoro, you edit the order to add a new product.
- On the sales channel, the order is edited to add another SKU.
- Since you’ve already edited the order in Ordoro, the latest order revision to add another SKU will not import.
Editing a product’s quantity
- You import an order into Ordoro.
- In Ordoro, you edit the order to increase the quantity of an SKU.
- On the sales channel, the order is edited to decrease the quantity of the same SKU.
- Since you’ve already edited the product’s quantity on the order in Ordoro, the latest order revision to edit that line item will not import. However, if you edited a different product on the order in the sales channel, we will import that change.
Note: Existing order revisions will remain on orders but all future order revisions will no longer import once you’ve edited an order. If you don’t want to see any order revisions, you can reject the order revisions.
- To edit orders in WooCommerce, the order’s status must first change from Processing to On Hold.
- Once the order is revised, change the order status back to Processing.
- The revisions will import on the next order sync.
- Order line revisions on Instasync are supported for BigCommerce orders.