Have customers contacted you to make changes after placing an order? With this feature, you can accept or reject order line revisions in Ordoro.
Ordoro will automatically detect when an order changed in the sales channel and ask you to review these changes before applying them in our system.
- This feature only works on Awaiting Fulfillment orders in Ordoro.
- If the order has been split, the order line changes will not be applied.
- If the order has been merged, order line changes will not be shown.
- Order line revisions are available for 3DCart, BigCommerce, Ecwid, Magento 1, Volusion, and WooCommerce.
- Other sales channels (like Shopify) will be added in the future. Contact Support to check on the status of your desired cart.
- It’s unavailable for carts that don’t allow for order edits: Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Magento 2, Squarespace, Reverb, Walmart, and Wayfair.
- What revisions can be made?
- How to accept revisions
- How to reject revisions
- How to see all orders with revisions
- How often do these revisions happen?
- WooCommerce tips
- BigCommerce tips
What revisions can be made?
Here are the changes that can be made to your order:
- Updating the quantity of a product on the order
- Adding a product to the order
- Removing a product from the order
Note: Ordoro will not re-sync tags, addresses, or discounts applied to the entire order.
The changes will show up as Revision Types in Ordoro. See the list below.
- Line added
- Line Removed
- Line Changed
- Price Changed
How to accept revisions
From the Orders List page
1. Find the yellow bar above a specific order. Click the link: This order has been modified outside of Ordoro.
2. A pop-up window will show the available revisions to the order. You’ll see the SKU, Revision Type, Current Quantity, Current Price, New Quantity, and New Price.
Note: Please confirm all revisions at this time. If you deselect or skip any, they will disappear permanently once the pop-up closes.
3. When ready to update the order, select Confirm Revisions.
4. The order will be updated and the Order Timeline will record any revisions made.
See this video to watch the workflow in action.
From the Order Detail Page
1. Click the Order ID to go to the Order Details page.
2. The yellow bar will say: This order has been modified outside of Ordoro.
3. To see the available revisions, select Manage Revisions. Follow the same prompts as above.
How to reject revisions
1. Find the yellow bar above a specific order. Click the link: This order has been modified outside of Ordoro
2. A pop-up window will show the available revisions to the order.
3. Deselect the checkbox next to the SKU. You will see Rejected by the product.
4. Select Confirm Revisions to make this update to the order.
How to see all orders with revisions
From the Orders List page
1. At the top of Ordoro, you will see a yellow bar. Click: X orders have been modified outside of Ordoro.
2. Notice that the Order Omnibar now includes the filter: Has External Revisions.
From the Orders’ Filters
1. Go to Orders -> Filters.
4. Under MISC, select Orders w/ External Revisions -> Apply.
How often do these revisions happen?
- Order line revisions import when Ordoro imports orders from the sales channel.
- This happens based on your autosync / instasync settings. Most default to once an hour.
What if I want to import an order line revision faster than my hourly sync?
You can manually sync your sales channel if you need an order line revision to import quickly into Ordoro. See this help article for details.
- To edit orders in WooCommerce, the order’s status must first change from Processing to On Hold.
- Once the order is revised, change the order status back to Processing.
- The revisions will import on the next order sync.
- Order line revisions on Instasync are supported for BigCommerce orders.