What is Amazon FBA?
Amazon FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) is a service offered by Amazon that let’s you rent out their warehouses to fulfill your orders. Here is how it works.
- You send all your inventory (products) to Amazon and they store them in one of their supercharged warehouses
- As orders come in through your website (running on Shopify, BigCommerce, eBay or any of the ecommerce channels), Ordoro will automatically route those orders to the Amazon warehouses
- Amazon warehouse robots will pick, pack and ship your order for you. They will charge you a small per order fee (and some storage fees). However, Amazon will also give you their super cheap negotiated shipping rates they have with USPS, Fedex, UPS.
How do I set up Ordoro to recognize the Amazon FBA products?
- In order to use Amazon FBA, they require you to first create an Amazon Seller Central account. Add that account into Ordoro following these instructions.
- Now import products from Amazon just like you do with any sales channel
- Go to the products tab and select the products you are storing in FBA warehouses.
- Select Product Actions and select Set Supplier/Dropshipper
- Make sure to select Dropshipped and mark them as dropship products with Amazon FBA as the supplier. (Ordoro has automatically created a supplier called Amazon FBA)+
That’s it. The initial set up is done.
How do I send my orders into Amazon FBA?
Once the initial set up is done as explained above, the rest is easy. As orders come in from your various sales channels, you can route them using automation or manually as necessary. See this help article for detailed instructions on how to do this.
Related help articles:
- How do I prepare my products for FBA?
- What do I do if my Product SKU doesn’t match the FBA SKU?
- How do I synchronize my Amazon FBA inventory with Ordoro?
- What are Amazon ghost listings and how to address them?