Ordoro supports shipping UPS Mail Innovation and UPS SurePost, but what are the differences between the two?
The main difference between the two are the type of packages UPS processes, including different regulations, weight limits, dimensional limits, and other contract specific requirements for each one of them.
- UPS Mail Innovations -lightweight packages for parcel weights smaller than one pound
UPS SurePost – packages with a parcel weight between 2-20 pounds.
Mail Innovations supported packages:
- Flat Mail: 1 ounce – 15.99 ounces. Typically used for booklets, magazines, etc.
- Bound Printed Material: 1 lb. – 15 lbs. Typically used for books, catalogs, directories, etc.
- Less than 1 lb. Parcels: 1 ounce – 15.99 ounces. Typically used for lightweight oddly-shaped products, like CDs, clothing, poster tubes, etc.
- Media Mail: 1 lb. – 70 lbs. For maximum package dimensions of 108” in total dimensions (Length * twice width * twice height) and is restricted to certain types of packages such as binders, films, medical binders.
For more information on UPS’s Mail Innovations services, please click on this link.
SurePost supported packages:
- SurePost Less than 1 lb.: 1 ounce – 15.9 ounces. For maximum package dimensions of 130” (Length * twice width * twice height).
- SurePost 1lb. or Greater: 1 lb. – 70 lbs. For maximum package dimensions of 130”
- SurePost Bound Printed Matter: 0.05kg – 15 lbs. Restricted to books and printed material. Requires a SurePost Bound Printed Matter contract in addition to SurePost contract
- SurePost Media: 0.45 kg. – 70 lbs. Restricted to specific items such as binders, films, medical binders. Requires a SurePost Media contract in addition to a SurePost contract
For more information on UPS’s SurePost services, please click on this link.