When a product is imported from Shopify, we will import the Shopify Product Type as the Ordoro Category. This field is viewable on the Product Detail page.
In Shopify, you can select a Product Type from a Standard predefined category list or you can also create your own Custom Product Type in Shopify.
- When a Standard Product Type is entered in Shopify, Ordoro will import this value in the Category field. See below
2. When a Custom Product Type is entered in Shopify, Ordoro will import this value in the Category field. See below.
3. When BOTH a Standard Product Type and a Custom Product Type are entered in Shopify, Ordoro will only import the Custom Product value in the Category field. See below.
- The above behavior also applies to products with variations. All variations will import the Product Type (Standard or Custom) in the Category field in Ordoro.
- If the Product Type, is changed in Shopify after the item is created in Ordoro, the Category will not update in Ordoro.
- You can update the Product Categories in Ordoro in bulk via a Data Import. See this help article for more details.