You can update your Kits and Kit Components (aka Child SKU) in bulk via data import. See steps below to update your kits via CSV data import in Ordoro.
1. Click on your business name and click on Data Import.
2. Once on the Data Import page, select Manage Kits from the dropdown box and then download an example file.
3. The example file will automatically download. Open the file. You can use this file as a template to update your kits in bulk, and upload back into the Data Import page.
The SKU field is required for all actions while updating kits in bulk. This refers to the Kit SKU (aka Parent SKU) in Ordoro. There are three ways to update your Kit Parent SKU in bulk.
A. You can create a Kit connection, or add a component to an existing Kit. In the image above, line two creates a Kit with SKU Kit from Child Sku 1 with a quantity required of 1. Line three adds a component (Child Sku 2) to the already created Kit Parent (Kit).
B. You can update the quantity required to make a kit for a particular component. On line four in the image above, Child SKU 2 is updated with a quantity in kit of 4 instead of 1 in the line above it.
C. You can remove a component from a Kit Parent. On line five in the image above, Child SKU 1 will be removed from Kit. This will remove any kit connection between these two SKUs. (If you are removing a kit, make sure not to have any other information in the Add Child SKU or Quantity fields)
4. Once your file has all of your kit updates added, you can save the file (make sure to save the file as a CSV file). Upload the file using the drag and drop feature or select file from your computer
- Note: Always make sure you have Manage Kit selected from the dropdown list before you upload the file.
5. Double-check your column titles in the black bar. If everything is correct, click Verify Columns.
6. If you want to save your data without previewing it, click Save all.
- Note: To see each row before saving, click Preview Each Entry.
- Note: To save one entry at a time, click Save Entry while previewing.
- Note: To see the errored information at the end of the upload, click Show Errors at End.
7. If your import was successful, you’ll see the following screen
- Note: If there are errors the column or row will be highlighted in red. You can click the Start Over button if your CSV file format needs to be edited to match example file.