When you create a shipping label, Ordoro automatically sends the tracking to your sales channel. In some cases, the tracking writeback will fail. A few reasons why the tracking could fail:
- You need to map your Shopify locations in Ordoro
- The order is already marked as shipped in the cart.
- The products on order in Ordoro no longer match what’s in the cart.
- The sales channel is experiencing an outage.
When tracking is unable to write back, the orders receive the “Failed Shipment Notification” tag. See this help article for more details.
There are two ways to resend the tracking information in these cases.
Resend tracking for Failed Shipment Notification
1. Click on the Filters button on the Orders tab.
2. Filter by Shipped status and Failed Shipment Notification tag.
3. Select the associated orders and go to Actions -> Retry Tracking Writeback.
4. A modal will appear asking you to confirm the tracking writeback. Click Yes.
5. The Sync button will start spinning, and a message will pop up at the bottom of the screen verifying the writeback is happening.
Resend tracking for any order
In some cases, you may delete a label and recreate it. For example, a USPS Priority label was created, and it was meant to be USPS First Class.
When you create a new label, you can resend it to the cart. The tracking writeback may be successful or fail, as this is dependent on the cart. Some carts allow you to overwrite tracking with a new one, and some reject it.
See below for step-by-step instructions.
1. Select an order that is not tagged as Failed Shipment Notification.
2. Go to Actions -> Retry Tracking Writeback.
3. Since the order is not tagged as Failed Shipment Notification, the modal will ask you to confirm you’d like to retry tracking. Select the checkbox and click Yes.
4. The Sync button will start spinning, and a message will pop up at the bottom of the screen verifying the writeback is happening.