When Ordoro imports a listing from eBay, we look at three different places to determine the “SKU” field for that listing(in the following order).
- Look at the “Custom Label” for that listing. If that field is populated, we will use that as the SKU inside Ordoro
- Look for an “Item Specific” called SKU. If that field is populated, we will use that as the SKU inside Ordoro
- If the two fields above are empty, then default to the Listing ID as the SKU
In this article, we will explain how to define an “Item Specific” called SKU for your eBay listings.
1. Login into your eBay account. Go to MyeBay->Selling
2. Scroll down to the listing, select the listing you want, and click on the Edit button.
3. Scroll down and click on “Add your own item specific”
4. In the popup, choose “SKU” as the first field. And set the value (Ordoro will use this value as SKU internally) to what you want.
5. Click on “Save”. And then scroll to the bottom of the page. And click on “Continue”
6. In the next page, scroll to the bottom of the page. And click on “Submit Revisions”
7. Once this listing gets imported into Ordoro, we will use the SKU value (“ABC123” in the example above) as the SKU inside Ordoro. Please make sure to archive the old sku value this product has been imported with in the past to avoid any inventory sync issues.