Yes. Ordoro has partnered with Shipsurance to offer discounted shipping insurance to customers on either our Basic Plan or any of the Pro Plans.
To learn more about which type of parcels and which destinations are covered, and up to what amount of liability, please refer to the insurance terms and conditions here.
How do I purchase discounted insurance through Ordoro?
- In the create label screen, we give you the option to ‘Insure this shipment’. Once you check that box, we will show you options on whether you want discounted Ordoro-provided insurance or carrier-provided (FedEx or UPS) insurance.
- If you choose ‘Discounted Insurance’ and enter the value of the shipment, then Ordoro will include insurance for that shipment.
- At the end of the day, our billing system will add up all of the insurance purchases made that day and your credit card on file will be charged.
From there you can add insurance based on your package value, and can also set insurance to be applied to all packages.
What are the Ordoro insurance rates?
For USPS, insurance cost is –
- $0.99 for every $100 in coverage
For UPS and Fedex, insurance cost is –
- $0.79 for every $100 in coverage
Here is an example. Let’s say you are insuring a package worth $150.
- If you are shipping that package via USPS, then the cost of insurance is $1.98
- If you are shipping that package via UPS or Fedex, then the cost of insurance is $1.58
How do I file an insurance claim through Ordoro?
If you want to file an insurance claim against an insured package, you can do that through this portal.
When do I get charged for the insurance purchase?
Ordoro will bill you once a day for all the outstanding insurance purchases you made (during the previous 24 hours). The charge will be made against the credit card you are using to pay Ordoro subscription fees. And you will receive an email invoice for that charge
How do I void the insurance I purchased for a shipment?
Insurance is attached to a shipment when the label is created for that shipment. In order to void the insurance on that label, you can delete the label and create a new label without insurance.
Once you delete the label, we will automatically request that the insurance attached to that label be voided. If the request is approved by the insurance company, then we will post the refund to your credit card in 24 hours.
Please note that you cannot void the insurance on a shipment that has already been shipped out (for obvious reasons)