Yes, Ordoro has partnered with Shipsurance to offer discounted shipping insurance!
To learn which type of parcels and destinations are covered and the amount of liability, refer to Shipsurance’s terms and conditions here.
- How do I purchase discounted insurance through Ordoro?
- What are Ordoro’s insurance rates?
- Which shipping carriers are supported?
- How do I file an insurance claim through Ordoro?
- When am I charged for the insurance?
- How do I void the insurance I purchased for an order?
How do I purchase discounted insurance through Ordoro?
1. When creating labels, see the yellow Want to insure this package? message.
2. Once selected, enter the package value. The Shipsurance cost is shown below the package value.
What are Ordoro’s insurance rates?
For USPS, insurance cost is –
- $0.99 for every $100 in coverage
For UPS and FedEx, insurance cost is –
- $0.79 for every $100 in coverage
Here is an example. Let’s say you insure a package worth $150.
- If shipping the package via USPS, the cost of insurance is $1.98
- If shipping the package via UPS or FedEx, the cost of insurance is $1.58
Which shipping carriers are supported?
Carriers eligible for Shipsurance:
- USPS via Endicia
- USPS via Pitney Bowes
Carriers where Shipsurance is not supported:
- Amazon SFP
- Australia Post
- Canada Post
- DHL Express
- PB Standard
How do I file an insurance claim through Ordoro?
- To file an insurance claim against an insured package, see this portal.
- Shipsurance will follow up with questions and claim information.
When am I charged for the insurance?
- Ordoro bills once a day for outstanding insurance purchases made during the last 24 hours.
- Ordoro charges the same credit card used for Ordoro subscription fees.
- An email invoice will be sent. See this help article for more details.
How do I void the insurance I purchased for an order?
- To void the insurance for a label, you can delete the label and create a new label without insurance.
- Once the label is deleted, Ordoro automatically requests to void the charge.
- If Shipsurance approves the request, the refund posts to your credit card within 24 hours.
- Please note that shipping labels that entered the mail stream are not eligible for refunds.