Lead Time is the time from which you order a product from your supplier, til when you will receive this product. Many suppliers know their average Lead Time for getting products into the hands of their clients. If not, you can calculate this time on your own, based on past behavior. For Example:
- You send a Purchase Order for Product SKU A to your Supplier on the first of the month.
- You then receive the Purchase order for SKU A on the 15th of the month.
- For this supplier of SKU A, the Lead Time would be 15 days.
You have the ability to set Lead Time on the Product Level in Ordoro so that your Purchase Orders will present your Lead Time. To set up your Lead Time in Ordoro, you’ll first need to find the product you would like to update. You can do this two ways. Either manually in Ordoro, or via Data Import
Manually in Ordoro
1. Select the Products tab in Ordoro, and then select the product you would like to update (in the image below, we are selecting the 0.1lb Barley product).
2. Select the Suppliers tab on the Product Detail page and then select the Lead Time next to the Supplier you are looking to update.
- NOTE: You can set a different Lead Time per supplier per product. Naturally, one supplier will have a different Lead Time than the other, and this could influnce the supplier you chose to reorder from.
3. Update the Lead Time (this is set in a number of days) for that Supplier and then select Save.
If you’ve never used Data Import with Ordoro, click here for instructions on how to do a Data Import in Ordoro.
1. First, navigate to the Data Import page and select Create/Update Supplier SKUs from the dropdown menu. Then select Download an example file.
2. Open the downloaded file, and then update the columns to only include SKU *Req, Supplier *Req and Lead Time. Fill in the information for each SKU, Supplier and Lead time for your products. See SKU 0.01lb-Barleyabc-nc-pricing for example below:
Save the file as a CSV file and then drag the file into Ordoro and finish the Data Import steps. Once the upload is complete, your Lead Times will display in Ordoro.
Once you assign a Lead Time to your product, this Lead Time will automatically appear on your Purchase orders, and the Order More modal when that product is the assigned supplier.
Order More Modal: