Sometimes an order needs to be split into multiple boxes or shipments. Here are some of the reasons you may want to do this –
- The order has too many products and they all don’t fit into one box. So you want to ship them out in separate shipments.
- One of the products in the order is backordered. And you want to ship out the rest of the order today.
- One of the products in the order needs to be shipped out of your warehouse. The other products are to be dropshipped from a different location
Follow the below steps to split an order into multiple orders/shipments:
1. Find the order in the Orders -> Awaiting Fulfillment sub-tab and select its checkbox.
2. Click on the Order Actions dropdown menu and select Split Order.
3. This will open a Split Order pop-up window from where you can reassign which items and quantities go into the new split order.
4. Once you click on Split Order, the original order will be split off into the dedicated order items and a suffix number – such as -1, -2, -3, etc. — will be assigned.
5. That’s it! You are done. If you navigate to the Awaiting Fulfillment sub-tab, you will see the split orders there which you can ship out separately.