With Ordoro’s Multi-Package Labels feature, we’ve divided the number of steps required to process shipments containing multiple packages which is compatible with UPS and FedEx only.
How does it work?
Let’s say you have a customer that ordered three items, each of which requires a different box. When fulfilling the order, you can now add those individual packages in one go, adjust dimensions accordingly, and generate labels for each all at once. Every package, with its own unique shipping label and tracking number, will be tied to a master tracking number which is saved in Ordoro and synced back to your sales channels to keep tabs on the overall order.
How do I create a Multi-Package shipment for a single order?
- Select an order by checking its checkbox
- Chose UPS or FedEx as your shipper and the Package Type you want the order to be shipped in
- Enter package weight, dimensions, and any other shipper specific options from the Additional Options drop-down menu if applicable
- Click on the plus + option which will open up the Multi-Package Label modal
- Click on + Add another package which will add an additional package pre-filling it with the values from the previous package
- Edit the weight, dimensions, dry ice weight, declared value per package if necessary
- Notice the label cost on top of the modal is recalculated with each new package you add and/or modify
- Click on Save which brings you back to the label panel
- You will be able to identify which orders have Multi-Packages applied and how many prior label creation under the Shipping Info on the right-hand side
- Once you’re ready, click on the orange Create Label button
How do I create a Multi-Package shipment for orders in batch?
You can apply Multi-Package labels to orders in batch via our Presets and Preset Automation Rules. See this link for more details on how to create and use Presets.
To apply the preset to multiple orders, please follow these steps:
- Select multiple orders
- Check the Presets checkbox
- Select the Multi-Package Preset you created
- Click on Update Orders
- Click on the orange Create Labels button
IMPORTANT: Please be aware that the only Preset values applied to an order are the ones enabled.
- If (Multiple) preset values are disabled (grey toggle), then it will only add the number of packages as defined in the Preset but use the order specific weight and dimensions
- If some but not all (Multiple) preset values are enabled (blue toggle), then it will only apply the number of packages plus the (Multiple) preset values enabled, such as Dry Ice Weight
Which unique shipping values can be modified in a Multi-Package shipment?
- Dry ice weight
- Declared value
- Misc: Additional Handling (UPS only)
How do I clear multi-box packages?
- You can delete them out by clicking on the trash can within the Multi-Package Label modal or change the shipper to one other than UPS or FedEx.
- IMPORTANT: If you switch shippers between UPS and FedEx, it will NOT clear the multiple packages as this is an available option for both shippers
- If Multi-Package labels have not been applied via a Preset Automation Rule, then simply refresh the browser which reverts everything back to the default values
Do any selected Additional Options get applied to each Multi-Package Label?
- Yes. Let’s say you have two Multi-Package labels with a weight of 1lb each (aka 2lbs in total) and decide to add additional ‘Packaging Weight’ of 10lb to that order from within the Additional Options drop-down menu. The shipping rate is now calculated based on a 22lb shipment weight.
Can I see all tracking numbers in Ordoro associated to a Multi-package shipment?
- Only the master tracking number will be saved in Ordoro and synced back to your sales channel. However, you can click on the orange Print option to view all labels associated with a Multi-Package shipment
Do UPS and FedEx limit how many Multi-Package labels can be created per order?
- You bet they do!
- UPS: 20
- FedEx: 25