Etsy requires third-party apps like Ordoro to keep up-to-date with their latest APIs. We have upgraded to the new Etsy v3 API and while testing we noticed that product listings without SKUs were not consistently updating when syncing inventory to Etsy.
Why is this happening?
- Etsy changed the behavior so that the backend IDs were updating whenever a change was made to a listing’s inventory or pricing.
- Ordoro uses these backend IDs to update inventory.
- If the IDs get changed in this fashion, Ordoro cannot sync inventory.
Etsy has not indicated whether they will parity the behavior of v2 – which would eliminate this issue altogether – or stick with the abovementioned change. For now, it seems that they’ve rolled this change back, but there is a chance they could change it at a later time.
How will this impact Ordoro’s connection to Etsy?
- If you’re on an Ordoro Pro or Enterprise plan, syncing inventory may not work for listings/variations where you have not assigned a SKU.
- Duplicate listings might be created for listings/variations without SKUs.
What should I do to avoid issues?
- Update your listings so that each product (including variants) has a unique SKU.
- Note: in so doing, the product will import into Ordoro as a new product and you will need to archive the original product in Ordoro.
- Reach out to email@example.com or call us at 512-271-9453 x3 to discuss this more in-depth.
- Contact Etsy’s Support and ask them not to commit to this change. You can use the template below:
I’m reaching out on behalf of Ordoro, which is an app I use to ship orders and manage inventory for my Etsy store. I have been informed that the latest Etsy API (v3) may include behavior that will update the backend identifiers after every quantity or price change made to my listings.
These IDs are essential for Ordoro to effectively manage my inventory in Etsy. And making such a critical change from the previous v2 behavior will impact my operations and negatively impact Etsy buyers with overselling.
Please consider paritying the v2 behavior so that the backend IDs remain unchanged after inventory or pricing changes are made.