When creating a USPS shipping label, you may receive the following error. “Missing or invalid element: ToState.” We explain why and how to fix this below!
Why does this happen?
This could happen for a few different reasons.
1. You’re shipping to a non-US/international location but have chosen a US-based/domestic shipping method.
2. The state code listed on the order has too many characters.
- If it’s a domestic address, Ordoro will automatically shorten state names to their code.
- Example: California -> CA
3. USPS expected a US state in the address and there’s an international state listed.
- This can happen when shipping to US territories. For example. shipping to Puerto Rico.
How to fix the problem
1. Select the correct shipping method for the domestic/international shipping method.
2. Update the shipping address in Ordoro. Click Edit next to the address and modify the state code. See the screenshot below.