The FedEx SmartPost option is best suited for the delivery of low-weight, less time-sensitive business-to-consumer packages, using the U.S. Postal Service for final delivery to residences. Through its network of 25 distribution hubs FedEx SmartPost provides delivery Monday through Saturday to all residential addresses in the U.S., including P.O. Boxes and APO/FPO military destinations.
Ordoro customers can use the FedEx SmartPost option to check rates and create shipping labels. To have the ability to send packages with the FedEx SmartPost option:
- Your FedEx account needs to be SmartPost enabled. Get in touch with FedEx for this.
- Your package should meet FedEx’s package restrictions. For example, follow their minimum package dimensions of 6x4x1 (a box with dimensions 9x3x2 will fail because the 3 is below the minimum dimensions).
Next, in Ordoro, follow these steps to create a SmartPost shipping label.
For Ordoro 3:
- Select the checkbox next to the order you’d like to ship via SmartPost.
- Select FedEx as your shipper
- Expand the Advanced Options section. Select your SmartPost type (generally Parcel Select) andSmartPost hub.
- If you’re uncertain of your SmartPost hub, please contact your FedEx representative directly. It also may be in the email from FedEx when they set up your account.
- The SmartPost rates will display below.
For Ordoro 2:
- Go to Shipments -> Unshipped -> click the checkbox next to the shipment you’d like to create a label for -> Create Labels
- Select FedEx and then SmartPost as the Shipping Method.
3. Expand the Advanced Options section. Then select your SmartPost Type and SmartPost Hub. The SmartPost shipping rates will then display correctly.
Note: For more information on how FedEx SmartPost works, visit this FedEx Support page.