If you have an Ordoro Pro or Enterprise account, understanding the Products Needs Sync filter is vital to managing inventory.
Since Ordoro is a multichannel inventory management tool, it regularly updates your sales channels’ stock levels (Shopify, Amazon, BigCommerce, eBay, etc.) We use the Needs Sync filter to determine which items to update.
Note: To learn more about other Product filters besides Needs Sync, see this support article.
How Needs Sync works
- A product’s quantity is changed.
- Ex: The item is on an open order, a purchase order has been received, a user manually updated the amount, etc.
- The product moves to the Needs Sync filter.
- When Ordoro writes back inventory quantities to your carts, it pulls items from the Needs Sync filter.
- It can be time- and resource-intensive to update every product each time.
- Therefore, Ordoro uses an algorithm to only update items changed since we last synced.
- Once the inventory successfully saved to the cart, the product moves out of Need Sync.
What happens if we can’t sync changes
- If a product fails to sync to the sales channel 3x, it will move out of Needs Sync.
- This can happen due to cart connection issues, the product no longer exists in the cart, etc.
- See the screenshot below. The writeback errors are recorded on the Product Detail page.
- You’ll see an error message similar to, “Updated 0 of 3 products. 3 suspended due to consecutive failures.”
- The product can return to Needs Sync if its inventory is updated. This way, if it was a temporary issue, Ordoro will try again.