Ready, set, workflow
The holidays are almost here, and there’s no time like the present to prepare your workflow for the barrage of orders to come in the next weeks.
With Ordoro 3, plenty of features and options have made their way into the app that are guaranteed to accelerate your fulfillment and eliminate errors.
Starting with Automation Rules and Shipping Presets, so that you can automate your shipping process as you see fit. Ship a certain item overnight via FedEx? Create a rule that insta-applies shipping info to orders containing that item.
What are Automation Rules?
To help better manage your orders, Ordoro allows you to set specific rules that will apply tags and/or presets to an order upon import or manual creation. When a rule is created, Ordoro applies a tag and/or preset based on a variety of IF conditions.
How do I create Rules?
1. Click on your business name in the top right-hand corner
2. From the drop-down menu, select Account Settings and on the left-hand navigation bar, under Automation select Rules
3. On the Automation Rules page, click the grey link that says Add an automation rule
4. From there, select the IF statement, conditions, and finish the statement by entering the criteria for which the condition will apply
5. Choose whether you want to apply a Tag or a Preset
- If you choose a tag, you can choose an existing tag or create a new tag by clicking on Select a tag.
- If you choose a preset, make sure you have it set up before creating the rule. See this link on how to set up shipping presets.
6. Click Save
- In our example, the next time an order is imported or manually created where the Requested Shipping Method contains “USPS“ the above tag will be automatically applied to the order.
For more detailed instructions see this link on Automation Rules.
Why don’t I see this option in my account?
Automation rules are only available on Ordoro 3. If you’re still using Ordoro 2, no worries, migrating to Ordoro 3 is just a click away.
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re interested and we’ll get you set up in no time!